a) Explain to your friend whether each of the numbered items below is an internal control strength or weakness. You must also state which principle relates to each of the internal controls.
b) For the weaknesses, you also need to state a recommendation for improvement.
1. All checks are printed using indelible ink.
2. Cash register tapes are used.
3. The company accountant handles deposits and reconciles the bank account.
4. All over-the-counter receipts are registered by two clerks who share a cash drawer.
5. The office manager is in charge of petty cash.